Travel & Transportation
Fly to Sun Valley via the Friedman Memorial Airport-SUN, just 12 miles south of Sun Valley/Ketchum in Hailey, ID, with nonstop flights from 7 major cities, including Seattle, Portland, Denver, LA, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
Click here for additional flight information »
Alternative Air Service Routes
- Fly into Twin Falls Airport (TWI), 90 miles south of Sun Valley, served by Delta/Skywest.
- Fly into Idaho Falls (IDA), 150 miles east of Sun Valley, served by Delta/Skywest, Allegiant Air and United Express.
- Private on-demand charter flights are available through Jackson Jet Center and Sun Valley Air Club.
Daily shuttles from Boise are available on the Sun Valley Express (twice daily) and will take visitors directly to Sun Valley. Also, the Salt Lake City airport is just 4.5 hours away.
Getting Around Town
Rental Cars are available and can be reserved at the following locations:
- Avis (208)788-2382 - located at the Friedman Memorial Airport Terminal at 1616 Airport Way in Hailey, ID.
- Hertz (208)788-4548- also located at the terminal.
- Enterprise (208)578-1156 - located down the road from the airport at 1220 Airport Way.
Mountain Ride Buses
When you visit Sun Valley, it's a breeze to get around. No need to rent a car, just hop on one of the FREE and easy Mountain Rides buses that will get you where you need to go around Ketchum and Sun Valley. With four "Around Town" routes in the Summer and six in the Winter, it's easy to get to your many destinations including Dollar and Bald Mountain, Ketchum Town Square, Sun Valley Resort, and dozens of other stops. Bus schedules differ by route, with many coming as often as every 15 minutes. And skis, snowboards, and bicycles are no sweat! All of the buses are equipped with ski and bike racks to handle your recreational equipment.
*Photo Credit: Carol Waller